Busy Body: Feminine Prints & Vintage Aprons

by Jen on May 1, 2008

Undershirt and Blouse, Buckle.com. Farmer’s Market Skirt, DownEast Basics. Shoes, CharlotteRusse.com. Vintage apron, eBay.

Shirt, Earrings and Shoes, Buckle.com. Skirt, Kohl’s. Vintage apron, eBay.

Confetti Dress, DownEast Basics. Sheer Blouse (worn over dress) and Earrings, Buckle.com. Vintage apron, eBay.

Plaid Blazer and Shorts, Kohl’s. Blue Floral Top, Buckle.com. Tiny Hearts Tights, JoyOfSocks.com. Shoes, model’s own.

Dress, Dillard’s. Green Slip, Vintage Hem. Shoes, CharlotteRusse.com. Vintage apron, eBay. Scarf (in hair) Gap.com.

About the model: Nicole Booth is 18 and lives in Kaysville Utah. We asked her to tell us a little about herself. She said “I only model modest clothing… I think it sends a great message out to girls that you can feel beautiful and feminine without showing skin! I think being modest is beautiful and it shows that you have respect for your body and those around you. It’s nice to be able to step away from the worldly image of women, and be different & classy. I really love photography, reading, and spending time with my family 🙂 they are the best. My Friday nights consist of renting a movie and eating very unhealthy food :)”

Hair by Matthew Landis. Model: Nicole Booth. Fashion styling: Jennifer Loch.

Anonymous May 5, 2008 at 6:21 pm

What a fun selection of pictures. I have aprons I wear in my role as a 50’s housewife. If I am going to be a housewife I might as well look it. I just need some petticoats to go under my skirt to pull it off better.

meadows.girl May 5, 2008 at 6:29 pm

i really like that look…some of them are a little bit too busy for me, but i still like them, especially the third one…that ones really neat looking =)

Anonymous May 5, 2008 at 9:03 pm

I like all these clothes. I would totally wear them.

Sonya May 6, 2008 at 12:10 am

i really love these clothes, and the model is really pretty! i’m so grateful that people like her can show that modesty can be beautiful.

C.Y. May 6, 2008 at 12:23 am

Those pictures are very beautiful. Good work.

jysika May 6, 2008 at 9:26 am

gorgeous photos!!

Everything looks nice together, and it’s not all matchy matchy but things don’t clash!!
How do you know when patterns work together??

❦TattingChic May 6, 2008 at 11:34 am

Great vintage aprons. They are such the rage right now. So nice to see Modesty being promoted in a nice fashionable way. Thanks 🙂

Anonymous May 6, 2008 at 2:56 pm

it is great that we can finally show modesty and it’s accepted and “in” now. but I’m sorry to say that I REALLY am not a fan of the whole vintage style. it’s not attractive and it’s too busy for the eyes. it hurts to look at it. photography is good, but I think the style could use some improvement. how about modeling outfits that teenagers or young adults would actually WANT to wear these days?

Catherine July 1, 2008 at 6:55 am

This is my favorite of your photo shoots. Not styles I would wear myself–but I just love the outfits.