Reader Poll: When Is Your Prom?

by Jen on January 1, 2005

Most proms in the U.S. are around April or May. Often it depends where you live. At *Jen* Magazine we have readers from all over the world as well as many in the U.S.

Leave a comment here and tell us the date of your prom or formal dance, or if you don’t have proms at all!

Anonymous March 7, 2005 at 6:45 pm

My high school’s prom will be April 23rd, and I’m so excited. My birthday is barely a week before, so I can actually go! Of course, there’s a certain guy I’d like to go with, but I’d try to have fun no matter what. I just hope I get asked!

Anonymous April 3, 2005 at 11:30 pm

I ATTEND CENTENNIAL HIGH SCH. IN COMPTON CA AND OUR PROM WILL BE MAY 20. I CAN WAIT FOR THAT DAY TO COME AND LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE I AM SO EXCITED AND HOPING THAT EVERYTHING GOES RIGHT: MAKEUP, HAIRSTYLE,SHOES,DRESS AND MOST IMPORTANT THE DANCE.

dr jay dee April 16, 2005 at 6:07 pm

my high school’s prom is May 6th. I get to make my dress to fit me and my guy has already rented his tux… now i just hafta find some white gloves… any suggestions?

Anonymous April 17, 2005 at 10:08 pm

My prom is May 7th. I have already gotten my dress, but I need to get it altered and SOON! I also need some jewelry and white gloves (maybe) which I will be doing soon.

And dr jay dee, you can probably find the white gloves at Claire’s or Afterthoughts. Check those places out if either one is close by. That is where I am going to check. I am not too sure what they would cost at either place though, sorry.

Anonymous April 24, 2005 at 3:40 pm

i’m just a sophomore, but my friend invited me to his prom on May 21. hope it’s a blast, but i’m a bit nervous. still haven’t ordered a dress!

Kira April 24, 2005 at 7:27 pm

My prom is this weekend! April 30th is the date! I just can’t wait! I’m just soo excitied! I’m going to go with a group of friends and we have all of our before and after prom stuff down and yeah, its going to be a blast!!! YAY!!! lol!

Lisa May 7, 2005 at 7:36 pm

Union Mine High School (El Dorado, CA), had its prom on April 30th. I didn’t go :oD

Anonymous November 29, 2005 at 3:58 pm

My prom is April 29!!! I am sooo excited, i just can’t wait!!

Anonymous January 7, 2006 at 8:18 pm

My Christian high school’s “prom” is on May 12th this year. Last year it was fun to dress up and get my hair done; but the real fun isn’t really the actual “prom”, but the fun parties with friends after.

Destiny February 9, 2006 at 8:25 am

My ‘formal night’ is on April 15. I can hardly wait! My home school senior class is hosting it. My best friend is taking me. We don’t dance or anything. But we eat & talk & watch home movies and play games. It’s going to be at a big trading in Alabama. I’m still trying to find an affortable modest dress… I’m sooo excited!!

Anonymous March 7, 2006 at 4:38 pm

we had our prom March 3rd!! Way too early! haha! But we have another semi-formal dance that comes up in the spring. 😀

~Murray, Utah

cupcake April 3, 2006 at 10:52 am

cupcake said
This is my senior year and my high school prom is April 22 but i’m going to a church sponsered prom which will be on May 5th. We’re having live entertainment and this year it’s Ki-ki Clark Sheard. Last year they had J-Moss and it was great. I’m soooo excited

Anonymous April 4, 2006 at 6:31 pm

I will be 18 this year and have never been to a prom! Ours is in May. Any suggestions on how I can get a date if there are no mormons in my school besides me?

Anonymous April 4, 2006 at 6:34 pm

I will be 18 this year and have never have gone to prom. Any suggestions on how I can get a date with a mormon boy if there are none at my school? Ours is May 6th.

Anonymous April 4, 2006 at 6:35 pm

Sorry I did the same thing twice! lol

Jennifer April 9, 2006 at 4:29 pm

my prom for church is this saturday, april 13th, and our school prom is may 15th. im 14 but im in 10th grade and our school is kinda small so everyone gets to go! and im not going with a date, im just going with my group of friends. i dont have a dress yet for this saturday, but today i am going to my friends to try a bunch on. they arent modest, but we are going to alter them.

Anonymous April 10, 2006 at 8:05 am

im from ridgeland high in rossville,ga and our proms are awesome. the one this year is on april 22nd and i cant wait .my chance to shine is here and i hope it all goes well.

Anonymous April 15, 2006 at 8:45 am

yeah, so i live in Virginia, and our prom isnt until june 16. talk about like a month or two later than everyone else!

i hope to get asked too, but i dont think i will. i already have a guy in mind that i can ask. i figure that if i want a date, i better be willing to ask someone.

Anonymous May 4, 2006 at 2:21 pm

My high school prom is May 27th. It’s way late! I’m so excited.

Anonymous October 21, 2006 at 9:45 am

I probably won’t go to prom, but I am going to a military ball in April and I can’t wait! I’ve already been asked so I’m good in that area, but i also need to find the perfect outfit! That is going to be fun!

Anonymous January 14, 2007 at 7:22 pm

My Grad will be on June 20-ish! ours is way later then down in the states!

Anonymous January 20, 2007 at 10:39 pm

My High School prom will be on April 21st and I also have give my role as local Junior Miss for 2006 away two weeks before that. I don’t want everyone to see my dress at the program I want it to be a surprise, But I can only afford one dress . What should I do. I know exactly what I want but I can not find it anywhere. I am really excited for my Senior Prom it is going to be awesome.

Anonymous March 9, 2007 at 10:03 am

My prom is April 1st, but it’s not really a prom. It’s a formal that I do with Praise and Dance Cotillion.

Anonymous March 23, 2007 at 12:26 am

I got to Auburn HS in Auburn, WA. My prom is June 2nd. and i am SOO excited. I’m HOPEFULLY going with my best guy friend, who is my dream date anyway, and i’m a senior class officer, so i also get to be a part of planning it. it’s gonna be amazing.!!

Anonymous March 15, 2008 at 12:20 pm

my prom is May 3rd and i have no idea what to do!!! I attend a christian high school but everyone dresses immodestly! AHHH! this is my first Prom. do i need alterations to dresses you buy online?? AHH

happyme January 27, 2009 at 11:03 am

You will not have to alter a dress for modesty if you purchase it from http://www.kathleensbridal.com. They have a great selection of modest prom dress.

Emmy Johnson March 21, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I can’t believe how lucky I am! I turn 16 the day of prom at my school! That’s what I call cutting it close to the deadline, to be a joker. My birthday and prom day this year is May 9th. It is a Night at the Oscars theme, and though I’m not sure my dress matches this theme, I hope it’ll be a good time. My date is a bit questionable, but I know I can trust him. He’s just an awesome guy who like me and I like him. So, yeah, this sweet sixteen is gonna be the best ever!
-toodles, from the girl in purple.