Sub-Lime (Modest) Swimsuits

by Jen on February 6, 2008

Newsflash: Warm Weather is Around the Corner (Finally).

Get an eyeful of Lime with modest tankinis from Lime Ricki! Fun patterns and prints come together to create these unique swimsuits. Add a swim skirt to the mix for cute coverage. Broke? Looking for a deal? There are several on sale as well– as low as $36.00 for a whole swimsuit. Just go to LimeRicki.com to see for yourself.

Anonymous February 6, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Jen Magazine,

These bathing suits are actually cute! being an lds teenager finding and wearing modest CUTE swimsuits is a struggle! i always wonder why it is so hard to make a modest bathingsuit with the same cut patterns as a bikini but modest. Thank you again this site gives me hope that there is a modest but CUTE bathing suit out there :] MT

Jennifer K February 7, 2008 at 8:10 am

Jen Mag,

The suits are super cute, however I have been “blessed” with a larger upper chest. So suits that are modest on most are anything but on me. Any suggestions other than a t-shirt that covers up my cute suit? Thanks – Jennifer K

prairiemomma February 9, 2008 at 11:50 am

We just put in a swimming pool. Aside from only inviting the right friends, how can we enforce modesty rules without unduly embarrassing a new guest?

Anonymous February 13, 2008 at 4:41 pm

awe Those suits are SOOOOO cute. The modles are posing a bit weird in th rest of it ,but you know…. Good job keep up the good work.

Lauren March 2, 2008 at 11:00 am

To Jennifer K:

One alternative for coverage like that is a rash guard. There are many cute styles and colors from fun brands like roxy and billabong. You can wear the rash guard with a water-resistant sports bra and matching bottoms. Online is great for finding rash guards and you can pick up a neutral swim bottom anywhere from walmart to pacsun. Hope this offered some help!

Anonymous March 11, 2008 at 12:36 pm

I’m not sure if it’s just me but I can’t see how a halter neck anything (including swimsuits)can ever be modest.
I agree you can get some fab rash guards that look great without any compromise !

Anonymous May 8, 2008 at 9:21 am

I noticed that my Lime Ricki suit comes up a lot higher in the chest area than any other suit I have found, including so called modest suits. I wouldn’t say that I have a large chest so the rash guard idea is good, I have actually sported that look and think it is quite cute. However, I do think that these suits have plenty of coverage. I don’t have to worry about bending over and exposing cleavage or lifting my arms up and exposing love handles.

Anonymous May 17, 2008 at 11:40 am

Jen Magazine,
I love this site! I am not only LDS, but my mother has EXTREMELY high modesty standards, so I was excited I finally found a good bathing suit that I love! Thanks!

Anonymous July 10, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Im not a Latter Day Saint, but I do have very high modesty standards (I’m Pentecostal). But I’m confused, on a previous article it was explained that LDS do not show shoulders or back but these “modest” suits do. So is modesty everywhere but at a pool or beach? Just curious.

Karina August 25, 2008 at 6:38 pm

I am LDS but i would NEVER wear any of these swimsuits because I don’t think that they are modest at all. The Strength of the Youth pamphlet counsels us not to wear immodest clothing such as short shorts and for young women to wear clothing that covers their shoulders. So if we wouldn’t wear such clothing (short shorts and uncovered shoulders) in our everyday lives, why would it be acceptable to wear them for swimming. The pamphlet also says that we should ” Never lower our dress standards for any occasion” and i think that these and many other swimsuits that members wear fall into this category.

Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 7:50 am

That is ridiculous to say we have to wear things that cover our backs, shoulders, and come down to our knees for swimming… modesty isnt about looking like a nun…

Karina April 7, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Being modestly dressed is a reflection of your values. Wearing a rash vest and board shorts won’t make you look like a nun!!